ENERGY REBATES FOR EDMONTON HOME OWNERS
The City of Edmonton recently launched a three-year residential rebate program for energy efficient retrofits called the Home Energy Retrofit Accelerator (HERA) which is part of the city’s Change for Climate initiative. The 1.8-million-dollar HERA Program will fund about 1200 Edmonton residents to retrofit their homes.
Eligible homes include:
- Row Homes/townhomes
- Mobile Homes on a permanent foundation
- Any suites located in any of these homes (except for mobile homes)
To participate in the program a recent home energy assessment must be supplied by a qualified energy advisor. Home energy upgrades must be completed within 18 months of enrollment in the program.
Eligible products and services include:
- Pre-retrofit evaluation.
- Post retrofit evaluation.
- As-Built New Home Evaluation
- Attic insulation
- Exterior Wall Insulation
- Foundation Wall insulation
- Air Sealing – Standard
- Air Sealing – Advanced
- ENERGY STAR Replacement Window (triple pane)
- Drain Water Heat Recovery
- ENERGY STAR Gas Tankless Water Heater
- ENERGY STAR Gas Storage Water Heater
- ENERGY STAR Heat Pump Water Heater
- ENERGY STAR High Efficiency Furnace
- HVI Certified Heat Recovery Ventilator / Energy Recovery Ventilator
- ENERGY STAR Smart Thermostat
- ENERGY STAR Ground Source Heat Pump
- ENERGY STAR Air Source Heat Pump
- Renovating to Net Zero
For a more information on Edmonton’s HERA program please visit https://homes.changeforclimate.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/hera_guide.pdf
To apply to participate in the program visit: https://homes.changeforclimate.ca/homeowner-enrollment/